This tool was originally created to provide attendance tracking for a scout troop but is actually completely free of
anything scout-specific. It is perfect for tracking attendance for any type of group.
It has the following features:
- The roster of names is stored separate from the attendance records so names are only entered once.
- Each name on the roster has an associated "type" (available types are user-configurable) so that each "type" is
grouped together in reports for easy viewing.
- Birthdays are tracked and notifications appear when a birthday is coming up or has just passed.
- Each attendance record can have any number of attributes. For example, the administrator could define an attribute
named "late". As records are input, "late" will appear as a checkbox next to each person's name. When the box is
checked, it will be tabulated in the reports next to the record of present/not present.
- Several reports are available to provide different summaries of the data from "when was each person last seen" to
full percentage listings of each person's attendance record.
- The interface is usable from PDAs and "smart phones". It has been extensively tested on a Treo 600.
- A permission-based login system allows three levels of access:
- "View only" access allows the user to view attendance records and generate reports but not to edit any data.
- "Editor" access allows the user to define new events and create/edit attendance records but not to alter the
roster, the event types, the attributes or logins.
- "Admin" access allows the user complete access to all data.